The Kodiak Island Borough is seeking for applicants to serve on the Kodiak Consolidation Committee. The committee will gather information and propose a plan for consolidating the two local governments (City of Kodiak and Kodiak Island Borough) and prepare a petition to the Local Boundary Commission. Applications are being accepted for the following seats:
- Borough Government Representative – 1 Seat
- Borough Government Representative – 1 Alternate Seat
- City Government Representative – 1 Seat
- City Government Representative – 1 Alternate Seat
- Second Class City/Village/Council Representative – 1 Seat
- Second Class City/Village/Council Representative – 1 Alternate Seat
- At-Large – 6 Seats
Qualifications: In addition to any other qualifications required by borough code, members:
- Shall be a qualified voter of the borough and/or the city; and
- Shall remain a resident of the borough and/or the city while in office.
All boards and committees serve in an advisory capacity to the Assembly. If you are interested in serving, you may fill out the online application at http://www.kodiakak.us/FormCenter/Board-and-Commissions-4-4/Board-Application-Form-47-47 or stop by the Borough Clerk’s Office, 710 Mill Bay Road, Room 234. Please call 486-9310 with any questions.